Wednesday, April 06, 2005

MINNESOTA: "Corn Dress"


MINNESOTA: "Corn Dress" was created in September of 2004, while I was an artist-in-residence at the New York Mills Regional Cultural Center in New York Mills, Minnesota, supported in part by a grant from the Jerome Foundation. "Corn Dress" was created with a 14-foot-tall welded steel frame, complete with a built-in ladder. It was 6-foot wide at its base. This sculpture was made possible by the hands of many wonderful volunteers, in a corn field belonging to Ray Sonnenberg and Brian Sillanpa of Homestead Valley Estates. Photo by Kevin Cederstrom.

1 comment:

Fanboy Wife said...

I like how you use scale and texture in your dresses. The MN is particularly interesting to me because it reminds me a big Jolly Green Giant cutout I saw in southern MN.